A good commercial roof is built tough to withstand the elements. However, even the most reliable roofs have an Achilles’ heel or two that needs repair work from time-to-time. At J. Smucker Contracting, we know that simple — but important — repairs can be the difference between years of waterproof performance and needing a full commercial roof replacement.
Those roof-saving repairs aren’t always complex like our powerful roof restoration. Oftentimes, crucial commercial roof repairs can be completed with a single day of expert roof repair.
These are the 5 most common roof repairs that fix serious problems and can save your roof.
Common Commercial Roof Repairs
The majority of these roofing problems occur normally over years spent in the rain and under the beating sun. Although these issues can be destructive when ignored, simple and careful repairs can correct them.
Here are the 5 most common roofing repairs we perform to extend roof lifespan:
- The Seams Open Up — On a membrane roof, the seams are the sections between separate rolls of material. These seams are common areas of damage and water infiltration on an otherwise good-quality roof. We repair open seams by applying numerous layers of urethane sealant and specialized tape over the seams in question. After that initial step, we coat it with a protective coating.
- Puncture Damage in Roof Membrane — While a roof membrane is effective at protecting from water and wind, it can be cut, nicked, and punctured by metal. Roofs are often accidentally punctured by the dropped tools of HVAC technicians who maintain equipment on the roof. We address this spot damage with a membrane matching patch, held in place with waterproof roof sealant. This effective repair keeps these weak spots as strong as the rest of the roof.
- Flashing Comes Loose — If your roof flashing comes loose, your roof joints will be at risk for water infiltration the next time it rains. As part of our roof repair, we reattach loose flashings in several ways using screws, rivets, and caulk over top of the seams.
- Debris Blocking Filter Drains — Most commercial roofs have a built-in drainage system that allows water to flow into drains. If the drains fail, it can lead to ponding water on your roof — and eventually leaks. If water suddenly begins ponding on your roof, debris may be blocking the drainage system or the drain pipe may be clogged. We rectify this issue by simply cleaning out the filters or pipes that are blocked with debris.
- Gap Between Roof Surface and Protrusions — Any place on your roof where hardware protrudes through the roof is an area for potential leaks. Whether those protrusions are pipes, HVAC units, or something else, they can act as a potential roofing problem. If the seal is compromised between the protrusion and the roof surface, it is an invitation for water damage. During roof repair, the J. Smucker Contracting teams can repair this by applying roof sealant at any problem areas. In some cases, it may be necessary to install new flashing to match the existing roof material.
Flat Rate Commercial Roof Repair Pricing
Any of the above repairs can extend the life of your roof. Since J. Smucker Contracting knows the value of prompt, expert roof repair, we’re offering a special flat rate price for small roof repairs, including all 5 of the most common repairs.
Our Flat Rate price is $795 per repair. This includes diagnosis, seam tape or sealant, and 2-3 hours of labor to repair your commercial roof. We are offering a $100 rebate November through December 2018 for any repair calls.
In the event that your roofing problem is more extensive than what can be covered with a basic repair, we fix everything we can within the 3-hour window — and provide you with a FREE official inspection and estimate.
In many cases, we are able to provide next day repair on ANY of these 5 common roofing problems. Contact us to schedule your commercial roof repair or consultation today.