If you’re here, chances are it’s because you’re looking for solutions for your leaking roof. Either the roof on your business building or the roof on one of the properties you manage needs work — and you don’t like the price tag of a full roof replacement. So, what is roof restoration? Roof restoration is a roofing system that transforms an old or damaged roof into one that is better than when it was new — at approximately half the cost of replacement.
At J. Smucker Contracting, we specialize in commercial roof restoration in PA, DE, NJ, MD, and TN. Time and time again, we’ve seen restoration prove to be the BEST solution. Today, we’re answering the common question, “What is roof restoration?” and providing you all of the essential details on what it includes. Keep reading to learn more — or to request a free roofing inspection and quote!
What Our Roof Renewal Systems Entail
Our roof renewal system promises a better-than-new-roof for approximately 50% of the cost of tearing off and rebuilding it. Beyond that, J. Smucker Contracting offers an unbeatable 18-year non-prorated warranty. If you want to know what is roof restoration, though, we’ll break it down in detail!
Here’s exactly what you can expect from our roof renewal system:
- Reinforcing Seams — On a membrane roof, the seams between individual pieces are some of the main places that leaks can occur. As your roof gets older, the seams become more and more likely to leak. One of the first steps of our roof renewal systems involves placing and sealing a fabric strip across the individual seams. Our roof renewal makes what was once the Achilles heel of the roof one of the strongest parts.
- Membrane Repair — The membrane of the roof (whether it’s EPDM, TPO, or PVC) is the first line of defense against the weather. However, as it ages, the membrane can take a beating from physical damage or just from years spent in the elements. Our roof restoration system completely coats the original membrane, patching any holes and cracks — providing it with 18+ years of defense!
Compare TPO vs EPDM roofing.
- Fix Any Drainage Problems — Improper drainage is a destructive issue on almost any type of roof. Our roof restoration system addresses BOTH of the most common causes of drainage problems as it entails replacing faulty drains and filling in any rooftop divots.
- Reinforce & Protect Fasteners — Metal roofs are generally very durable and boast a long lifespan. However, the fasteners that secure the metal panels are the one weakness that often cuts that lifespan short. However, our roof renewal system also works on metal roofs by caulking and coating the fastener heads, making them impervious to rust. Once again, our roof restoration makes a roof better than new!
- Cut Your Energy Bills — While our roof renewal systems are primarily an emergency treatment to fix a badly damaged roof, they also provide some other big picture benefits. The roof coating we use during restoration is a reflective white, which reflects the sun’s rays. This cuts your energy bills by keeping your building cooler over the summer.
Interested in energy savings? Learn more about solar panels for business roofs.
Comparing Restoration vs. Replacement
We often work with business owners and facility managers who have been told they need a full roof replacement and are weighing their options. Roof restoration is a practical and financially smart alternative to a total tear off and new install. While we also perform numerous roof replacements every year, we recommend roof renewal whenever possible.
Here’s how it stacks up:
- Roof replacement costs about 50% less than a full roof replacement.
- Roof restoration takes about half the time compared to a full tear off and installation.
- Your business can always stay open during renewal while it often can’t during replacement.
Trust J. Smucker for Your Roof Restoration Needs
We’re always happy to answer the question, “What is roof restoration?” — and share why we believe it is the smartest choice you can make. At J. Smucker Contracting, we like to begin the conversation with potential clients by providing them a complimentary, no-obligation roof inspection.
While most companies charge for this, we are able to offer it for free. This allows us to understand the condition of your roof to make a recommendation — if any — on what your roof needs. If your roof is in good shape, you have total peace-of-mind. However, if it does need work, we can give you an estimate.
Reach out today to request your free roof inspection!